IV (Intravenous) nutritional therapy is the fastes and most efficient way to deliver nutrients to the tissues of the body. Since nutrients taken orally are often not absorbed effectively, IV therapy bypasses the GI track completely and replenishes the body with nutrients in a short amount of time. Each IV therapy is tailored to individual depending on the nutrients that are needed.
Conditions Improved with IM or IV Therapies Include but Not Limited to:
- Immune Supportive for Acute Illnesses: To decrease severity and duration.
- Acute viral illness/colds:
- Acute infections:
- Immune cancer supportive and Revitalization after Chemo
- Neurological Support
- Migraine headaches
- Tension headaches
- Optimal Health and Wellness
- Recovery after Athletic events: To enhance performance during training and to facilitate recovery.
- For prevention of acute illnesses above.
Available IV Infusion Treatments
At Ocean Pacific Integrative Health Center, we provide High Dose Vitamin C and Glutatione as well as other nutritional IV therapies that are individualized based you’re your specific health condition.
Modified Myer’s Cocktail /Immune Supportive IV’s
The Myer’s cocktail is a powerful blend of vitamins and minerals originally pioneered by Dr. Jon Myers, a Maryland Physician, in 1970s. His original formula has since evolved and doctors now often customize the Myers’ Cocktail according to a patient’s specific needs, adding or deleting nutrients as appropriate. This vitamins and minerals formula, which consists of various concentrations of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, and vitamin C, has been found to be effective against:
- Chronic fatigue
- Upper respiratory infections and other disorders
High Dose Vitamin C
To achieve serum concentration not obtainable by oral or even intramuscular routes, intravenous treatment of high dose Vitamin C is used. At Ocean Pacific Integrative Health Center, Vitamin C is given with other vitamins and minerals to counter act the effect of mineral shift caused by High Dose Vitamin C.
At our center, 25-75 g are given routinely. Doses of 100 g have also been used with no side effects. Prior to administering High Dose Vitamin C, a simple test is required to rule out a genetic disorder.
High dose vitamin C is used as an immune supportive therapy for variety of conditions:
- To shorten both severity and duration of illness
- Immune supportive post surgery
- To enhance your immune response to acute and chronic infections.
Glutathione is a potent antioxidant and quenches dangerous free radicals. It also binds to dangerous toxins through a process called “conjugation” so that they can be safely eliminated. Absorption of glutathione is oral form is limited. Therefore, IV glutathione is used to ensure effective delivery of the nutrient directly through the bloodstream into the cells. Glutathione infusion therapy is used as an immune supportive and in the treatment of conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis,
- Liver diseases (hepatitis, fatty liver, cirrhosis),
- Cancer supportive therapies.
Please note that we do not perform any IV Chelation therapies in our office.
Frequently Asked Questions
IV therapies at our center are offered to current patient who have completed the required laboratory tests. If you are interested in IV therapy, please call our office on how to become a patient or to find out if you are a candidate for IV therapies offered at our center.
Treatment frequency and duration depends on treatments needed. Most infusions lasts 45 -120 minutes and require 1 to 2 infusions per week.
Every case is different. Our Treatment program is created to address each individual patient’s needs. We recognize that each patient has a unique set of risk factors based on his/her family history, diet and lifestyle, past medical history, and other current medical conditions for which he/she is undergoing treatment.
Our Personalized Health Plan includes:
- Comprehensive Health Intake by a Licensed Naturopathic Doctor
- Physical Exam
- Laboratory Evaluation (Routine and/or Specific)
- Individualized IV Therapy Plan and frequency of treatment
- Continual monitoring and evaluation
Number of treatments will depend on your particular condition and your individual response to the prescribed therapy. Chronic diseases often require chronic treatments. However, many of our patients report feeling symptomatic relief, more energy, and an overall sense of well-being after just one session of intravenous vitamin therapy!
IV therapies and IM injections are safe, effective, and minimally invasive therapies that are well tolerated by most people.
Some of the most common side effects include but not limited to:
- Pain, Irritation, inflammation or bruising at the injection site.
- Sensation of warmth and flushing
- Vitamin taste in the mouth
- Urine may have strong odor or color shortly after completion.
- Systemic complication of allergic symptoms can occur, but this is rare.